Theft Video FAQs
- 1 Theft
- 1.1 I Forgot to Pay for an Item While Shopping
- 1.2 Can I Get In Trouble for Taking Money from a Wallet I Found?
- 1.3 I was Charged with Stealing Services
- 1.4 Theft by Failure to Make a Required Disposition
- 1.5 I was Arrested for Grand Theft Auto
- 1.6 I was Arrested for Stealing From My Company, What Will Happen?
- 1.7 What Happens If I am Charged with Shoplifting in NJ?
As a Monmouth County Theft Attorney I have often been asked about what to do if someone forgets to pay for something while they are shopping because they accidentally pocketed that item. If this happens to you, you could be charged with shoplifting. I have advised clients as a Monmouth County Theft Attorney that it is best to hire a lawyer who can show you were not intentionally stealing the item.
If you have been charged with shoplifting in New Jersey, watch this video and check out our experienced Monmouth County Theft Attorney to help you.
As a New Jersey Theft Attorney I have been asked if you can get in trouble for taking money from a found wallet. If that wallet is found and has identification in it leading back to the original owner, you could be charged with theft of mislaid property. I have advised clients as a New Jersey Theft Attorney that sentencing could vary based on how much was in the wallet, you could receive probation and even incarceration.
If you have been charged with theft of mislaid property, watch this video and contact our experienced New Jersey Theft Attorney.
As a Middlesex County Criminal Defense Lawyer I sometimes get calls about clients being charged with stealing services. If you are charged with stealing cable or cab fair it is extremely important to hire an experienced Middlesex County Criminal Defense Lawyer because you could be charged with theft of services. If you are charged with theft of services, you could end up with probation and jail time.
If you have been arrested and charged with stealing services in New Jersey, watch this video and contact our experienced Middlesex County Criminal Defense Lawyer.
As a Mercer County Criminal Defense Attorney I often see clients come in charged with theft by failure to make a disposition of property received. This usually happens with an executor of a will or even with an attorney who handles a sum of money. I have advised clients as a Mercer County Criminal Defense Attorney that the money is received but then is never distributed as required.
If you have been charged with theft by failure to make a required disposition, watch this video and contact our experienced Mercer County Criminal Defense Attorneys.
As a New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney I have been asked about the consequences of being arrested for grand theft auto. If you are caught stealing a motor vehicle in New Jersey you could face a period of time in state prison. I have advised clients as a New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney that if they are convicted they will also have their licence suspended by the court.
If you have been arrested for Grand Theft Auto in New Jersey, contact our experienced New Jersey Criminal Defense Attorney.
- These cases generate a huge amount of paperwork as they’re trying to prove this case against you.
- It’s important to understand that your sentencing can range from probation to up through ten years in state prison.
- There are a lot of serious repercussions for you such as trying to find a job after having been accused of stealing or convicted of stealing.
- Shoplifting can be graded as a disorderly person’s offense which will be heard in municipal court.
- It can also be graded as a fourth, third, or second degree offense, depending on the value of the items that were taken.
- The state has to prove that you have passed all point of sales and that you intended to take that merchandise without paying for it.