New Jersey White Collar Crimes Attorney
- 1 South Jersey White-Collar Criminal Defense Attorney
- 2 What Are the Common Types of White-Collar Crimes?
- 3 What Are Potential Penalties for White-Collar Crimes in New Jersey?
- 4 Let Our South Jersey White-Collar Criminal Defense Attorney Help You
South Jersey White-Collar Criminal Defense Attorney
Non-violent crimes that are typically motivated by money are often referred to as “white-collar” crimes. And although these crimes may not seem to cause the same harm as violent crimes, the consequences of a conviction may be as severe or, in some cases, more severe than other charges.
If you have been accused of fraud, embezzlement, extortion, corruption, or any other type of white-collar crime, you need a skilled defense attorney who has extensive experience representing people in these types of complex cases. At the Law Office of Jason A. Volet, our South Jersey white-collar criminal defense attorney has argued more than 2,000 cases in his career. And as a former Monmouth County criminal prosecutor, Jason Volet has unique insights into how white-collar crimes are prosecuted in New Jersey.
If you have been accused of a crime, don’t give the prosecution any additional time to build a case against you. Let our knowledgeable white-collar criminal defense attorney evaluate your case for free today. Contact us now to schedule a no-cost, confidential consultation.
What Are the Common Types of White-Collar Crimes?
The white-collar crimes category is a broad one, encompassing a wide variety of both state and federal charges. Unfortunately, some people may not even realize their actions could be interpreted as a crime. However, charges can result regardless of whether or not a person understood and acted intentionally.
Some of the common types of white-collar criminal charges our firm defends against include:
- Forgery and Embezzlement
- Identity Theft
- Money Laundering
- Public Corruption
- Copyright Infringement and Piracy
- Bank Fraud
- Check and Credit Card Fraud
- Health Care Fraud
- Internet Fraud and Cybercrimes
- Mail Fraud
- Wire Fraud
- Tax Evasion
- Insider Trading
- Securities Fraud and Racketeering
- Employee Theft
- Environmental Crimes
Whatever criminal charge you may be facing, it is crucial that you take action immediately to protect your rights and maintain your innocence. Particularly if you are facing both federal and state charges, you need a white-collar criminal defense attorney with experience in both arenas and a commitment to making sure your side of the story is heard.
Schedule a free case consultation today with the knowledgeable and loyal criminal defense team at the Law Office of Jason A. Volet.
What Are Potential Penalties for White-Collar Crimes in New Jersey?
The penalties for white-collar crimes in New Jersey can range in severity, depending on the charges you are facing. People convicted of white-collar crimes may be sentenced to:
- Prison or Jail. Even though white-collar crimes are not violent and don’t necessarily cause the physical harm that gun- and drug-related crimes can cause, a conviction can still result in a sentence of incarceration.
- House Arrest. A person may be sentenced to home confinement instead of jail or prison for a white-collar crime. Under house arrest, a person’s travel outside the home is limited, and he or she must wear an electronic monitor at all times.
- Probation. A sentence of probation would come with certain conditions that a person has to meet. This could include reporting regularly to a probation officer, maintaining employment or attending school, or restricting access to the Internet.
- Fines. A white-collar crime conviction can result in fines climbing into the thousands of dollars, on top of other punishments levied.
- Restitution. A person can also be ordered to pay back victims who were financially harmed. This could be ordered in addition to the fines.
Even after people convicted of white-collar crimes have “paid their debt,” their conviction can haunt them as they search for jobs or try to form new personal relationships. That’s why our dedicated New Jersey white-collar crime defense attorney fights aggressively from the beginning to push for the charges to be downgraded or dropped. Even if a conviction is unavoidable, our aggressive legal team will continue to fight by arguing for fairness and leniency in sentencing.
Schedule a free consultation with our team today.
Let Our South Jersey White-Collar Criminal Defense Attorney Help You
You don’t need to wait until you are arrested or charged with a crime to speak with our dedicated criminal defense attorney. If you even suspect trouble ahead, you should schedule a free consultation to discuss how we can help protect your rights.
From the very beginning, our team will come out strong for you, often arguing to have the charges reduced or dropped. You can count on our firm to:
- Make sure police and prosecutors can’t pressure you into saying or doing something that could hurt your case
- Fight for your rights at the bail hearing, including pushing to have you released on your own recognizance
- Develop a comprehensive defense strategy that takes into account any moves the prosecution may try to make before or during trial
- Treat you with the respect and loyalty you need during this difficult time in your life
At the Law Office of Jason A. Volet, we always operate under the presumption that our clients are innocent, and the prosecution should have a difficult time proving otherwise. Our South Jersey white-collar criminal defense lawyer will do everything in his power to protect your freedom, your reputation, and your future.
Schedule a free and confidential case consultation today by calling or filling out our online form. Our respected New Jersey criminal defense law firm is dedicated to standing up for the rights of people in Freehold, Marlboro, Middletown, Wall Township, Manalapan, Howell, Rumson, Red Bank, Ocean Township, Colts Neck, Holmdel, Asbury Park, and throughout Monmouth County.